11 Tight budget tips for online marketing
Many small businesses are strapped for cash flow in January and February as the year gets started again. We have put together a few top tips for online marketing that won't cost you anything but your time.
- Update your website – often your website can become stagnant with stale content, keep your website content fresh and relevant to your business, and if possible update often as possible making you look active and on top of your game.
- Start a blog - a blog is a great way to boost your web presence and increase traffic to your site. It is also a platform where you can show your customers your knowledge base and bring another edge to your business. Always blog relevant content or content that you find interesting. It's your arena to talk to your customers about topics your passionate
- Share your blog – Seams like come sense, but you will be surprised how many people write a blog but forget to tell people about it. No one will read it if they don’t know its there. When you have finished writing your blog, share it across other media platforms that your business is on Linkedin, Facebook, and such – always direct people back to your website.
- Share your knowledge – be informative, share your expertise by helping people with small problems, they would be grateful for the advice and would feel that you have helped them, and built trust and rapport with them.
- Referral program – a great way to boost your business, as you have already done work for people to get them to refer you on, and in giving them an incentive to do so always helps. Maybe have an online referral form where people can do it without having to speak to you, sometimes people can be shy about coming forward but are interested, it makes it easier for them. Also, have an offline version too for those who are not internet savvy
- Testimonials – get testimonials from your clients, get them to endorse you on linked in, show off your testimonials on your website and other social media platforms. Produce case studies of projects you have completed with your clients (with their permission) it’s a great way to showcase what you do and how happy your clients are with their work.
- Good news story – Done something good ( that’s relevant to your business or you) do a little write-up and a photo, tell people why you're doing it and how you did it. Share it with the local media, link it back to your website. Share it on social media, blog about it. Not only will you feel good about helping a good cause but you will also boost your business presence.
- Write some FAQs – a great way to outline common customer problems and give them simple solutions – whether it is about how you make the product or service or what should be expected from your business, even simple tips about delivery and guidelines. This is a great way to promote your services by telling people in simple terms what and how you do something, make them fun though no one likes long lengthy bits that a dull
- Join some online groups/forums – there are lots of business forums or even platforms where your ideal customers are. They are a great place to promote your services as to what you do, just know its not always the people you talk to who are your target audiences but maybe who they know. You can easily build your brand in these places posting relevant content and chatting about the things on there
- Create a newsletter – a regular email newsletter is a great way to touch base with your customers, provide great content, keep it fresh. Don’t forget to provide an unsubscribe button and respect people's privacy if they don’t want your marketing emails dropping into their inbox respect their choice.
- Get a youtube channel – this isn’t going to be for everyone but it’s a great choice for those that feel capable. You can produce simple promotional videos to show what you do or how you do it, they can be really simple and made on your phone but it’s a great way to connect with your clients.
If you need help with your marketing, speak to us about how we can help with your business promotion.